Sunday 13 May 2012

Looking For Alaska Review


Before I got here, I thought for a long time that the way out of the labyrinth was to pretend that it did not exist, to build a small, self-sufficient world in a back corner of the endless maze and to pretend that I was not lost. And then I screwed up and the Colonel screwed up and Takumi screwed up and she slipped through our fingers. And there's no sugar-coating it: she deserved better friends...


No doubt one of the best books I've read in a long time. And I never usually say that! It captured Perfectly a teenage boys life, as a girl I wouldn't know anything about that! But mostly when authors & film makers try to interpret a teens life it goes horribly wrong but not in this novel. It explores the heart stopping feeling of first love and finding a girl so beautifully...

Miles is searching for his Great Perhaps at the moment he's stuck un-popular a loser, until he moves to boarding school where he meets the Colonel, Takumi and Alaska Young the most beautiful girl he has ever seen? But does she love him back, and how will the big event affect them all...

I won't spoil it for everything but the book counts down the days to an event and event so heart breaking and shattering I almost cried... almost! So yeah this book is defitnley worth the read. I still can't  believe the philosphy aspect; How will you ever get out of this labyrinth of suffering? Best quote ever...

The Dreamer xo


2 comments:

  1. Ooo, I've wanted to read this book for a while! It's in my library but I do not have the time to go and get it. Maybe in July if there's time :)

    ReplyDelete